The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities to drive optimal supply chain results in material cost, quality and delivery. Coordinates and executes the purchasing transactions. Investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications; issues bid requests and reviews quotations. Interprets purchasing procedures to operations and vendors for material categories. Sets supplier performance objectives. Demonstrates excellent technical knowledge while mentoring the purchasing team.
GENERAL DESCRIPTIVE TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives global logistic cost optimization. Expertise in various transport options to include interactions with brokerages, carriers, taxes, Tariffs and duties.
- Experienced Leader/manager of a purchasing team and able to communicate well with individuals at all levels.
- Strong cost savings and negotiation mindset. Cost/price analysis skills. Negotiates contracts and bid proposals; this include price, delivery, payment terms, blanket orders.
- Purchasing expertise for electronic components and assemblies, not only finish goods,
- Analytical and KPI strengths. Analyzes and forecasts demand on raw materials to meet the need of upcoming orders.
- Experienced U. S. and International sourcing that identifies quality vendor partners in China, Asia and Mexico to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Creative, flexible problem-solver able to multi-task on various projects.
- Identifies cost drivers and develop a tactical plan to deliver cost savings and quality improvements in line with the Company’s business plan, year over year. Works with relevant technical teams to standardize designs and quality.
- Ability to plan/schedule material to obtain optimum cost-efficiency.
- Ability to manage, audit, and control inventory.
- Excellent communicator and a team player. Works well with and supports internal customers.
- Detail-oriented. Maintains clean documentation.
- Negotiates contracts and bid proposals; this includes price, delivery, payment terms, blanket orders.
- Researches companies to develop new sources of supplies, in order to improve and optimize company vendor network. This includes visiting them and interviewing vendor sales representatives.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in written and verbal form. Spanish and Chinese language skills an asset.
- Minimum Educational Requirements: 4 Year accredited college degree. Bachelor’s degree in Operation Management, Supply Chain or Business Administration required.
- Minimum Years’ Experience: 3-5 years previous management experience in a manufacturing environment. Computer Requirements: Advanced Microsoft Office: Excel, PPT/computer skills required. ERP/MRP experience required
- Strategic Thinker.
- Conducts purchasing transactions and negotiates pricing, which requires the considerable exercise of initiative, independent judgment, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing, specifically relating to fabrication outsourcing.
- Knowledge of the materials, products, and commodity markets for electronics manufacturing.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes. (machining, stamping, rolling, spinning, plating, painting, die casting)
- Skilled in contracts negotiations, preferable in detailed cost analysis
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems for determining requirements for recurring production, as well as, new product development.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org